Name - SHOTFIRE
Variety - Barossa Shiraz
Country- Australia
Year - 2010
Price - $17.99
Shop/wine critic/winery review - The bouquet is has lifted fruit aromas, while the palate displays typical Barossa varietal Shiraz characters of chocolate and plum fruit. Expert use of oak has resulted in subtle vanilla flavors
My Review - This is the first time I have had a Shiraz. This was on Krogers wall of highly recommend wines, that were selected as a favorite among local wine tasters. This bottle has also won many awards as shown n the right side of the bottle. The color of this wine was very deep concentrated red color. It was so dark that it almost could have been considered a black wine. Very deep fruit flavors such as blackberry, dark cherry and plum hit me from the scent. The taste was incredibly full bodied, medium acidic, medium tannic and almost had a chocolate taste. It was very good and one I would recommend, especially if you like full reds. Rating 9/10
Food- Trader Joe's Crackers. I usually dont eat food with wine, but the dryness of the crackers almost made this wine taste better.

No comments:
Post a Comment