Variety - Grenache, Shira and Mataro
Region- Barossa Valley
Country- France
Year - 2009
Price - $18.95
Shop/wine critic/winery review - A blend with deep russet red, with earth aromas of savoury oak and dark cherries with a little stewed rhubarb. Spice and cinnamon on the palate over a robust and generous body. Made from a blend of Grenache, Shira and Mataro.
My Review - This wine was good. I'm not a huge fan of adding a bunch of additives to things, because I enjoy the base flavor of the wine. When I saw chocolate is sounded interesting, but I had a feeling it sounded better than it would taste. I was surprised though, it had a dark fruit flavor and the chocolate wasnt overwhelming at all, but rather complemented the taste nicely. This is probably one of the more complex wines I've tasted so far due to the diverse range of flavors it contained.

No comments:
Post a Comment